Thursday, May 17, 2007

Near fatal accident on AYE due to a driver's reckless behavior

I was nearly killed by a reckless driver along the AYE towards Jurong (few hundred meters before Exit 9) this morning between 8.35am-8.45am.

I was driving on 2nd lane from the right, where a BLACK color MERCEDES (License plate number: SW6226E) was in between a blue color car and mine. A truck was beside the Mercedes then. Our speed was around 80km/h. We are just after the colorful signboard of the Science Park then. The road was not congested at that time.

This Mercedes switched to right-most lane after awhile, I drove along and when we are around the NUS (should be after the speed camera, if not wrong). At this time, there is two cars distance between mine and the blur car in-front, the truck is beside mine, and the Mercedes is beside my car, on the right.

Merely less than 30 sec switching to his lane, he suddenly swing his car into my lane, getting very close to my side at quite a fast speed (while we are still at around 80km/h). I quickly sound the horn repeatedly and step on my break to slow down, the Mercedes paused for awhile but increase its speed and cut all the way into my lane and followed by ahead of the truck into 4th lane from the right to the left.

I had a hard time stepping on my car break and controlling my car as it sways towards the truck on the left, I can hear very loud screeching sound from my car, and I managed to shift it back to the right, nearly hit on the back of the Mercedes.
It will definitely be a fatal accident if the Mercedes stop at this moment.

The Mercedes move along the 4th lane at around 90km/h for another 100m and make a quick turn (again) into Exit 9 at a near miss, cutting into its right lane to its left-most lane. Luckily there was car behind him but at some distance at that time. I was in the shock then but trying my best to keep the car at 80km/h and at the same time, remember his vehicle number. I should have follow this vehicle and see where is its destination.

I notice another BLUE color car is behind me all the way since the beginning till I exited at Clementi Ave 6. I managed to take down his number too (SGL3577L). I am sure he witness the whole incident. As far as I can remember, he was always around 3 cars distance behind mine before and after the Mercedes driver’s reckless move.

I did not know if the Mercedes driver is male or female or how he or she look like as I did not expect such thing to happen. When it happened, I was busy claming myself down and making sure my car is under control while at the same time, remember the number of the Mercedes.

It seems the driver is not sure or lost his way because he did not cut all the way to the left-most lane immediately after the incident, but this act has nearly cause a fatal accident. I think an action should be taken on this driver to correct his driving behavior. It is really unfair for people like us who drive with care if no action is taken.

Why like that one? Luckily I have the strong arms to control the car, hmmm... it pays to build those muscles...

No comments: