Thursday, July 05, 2007

My experience, why am I unhappy with the police?

Tell you my own experience and you will understand why am I so unhappy with the Singapore's 'authorities' nowadays.

Remember the case where I was nearly hit by a Merc who forced his way onto my route in AYE? I when onto the net, searching high and low for Traffic Police or LTA web-site, hoping to find a place where I can lodge the report, there was none!

There was a hotline but was always engaged and, when it finally get through, it cut me out in the midst of the message (I don't even had a chance to nag...er, talk).

So I head down to the police post and only to be told that it is not their job. So I ask where can I make the report, the officer is kind enough to ask me to wait, while he call up Traffic Police to check, in front of me.

He made the call, identified himself, and what happened next was (since I can't hear what the other side saying): "...ya, I know, can you give me a reference where this public can make his report..."; " ... no, no, please give me a number..."; "... ok, ok, just any number, will you?..."; (Almost lost his patience) "... can you, just, give, me, a, number? any, number, please..."

(finally wrote down something on the paper). I look straight into his eye: "oh, even police find it difficult to get a simple information huh?", he replied: "well, you know, its under one head, but two different departments... hey, you may call this number."

I look at the paper: "oh, this is the same number I told you I have not been able to get through leh."

Why like that one?

No comments: